Columbus hops (USA):
PLEASE NOTE: We combine multiple orders into one bag.
Columbus hops are a highly aromatic hop. Pungent with plenty of citrus.
- Lupulin Plentiful, pale to mid-yellow
- Aroma Pungent
- Alpha Acids 16.3% w/w
- Beta Acids 4.5 – 5.5% w/w
- Storageability Below average alpha acids remaining after 6 months storage at 20º C
- General Trade Perception Originally bred for its alpha value, it has also become popular for its oil profile. Great for dry hopping
- Possible Substitutions Nugget, Chinook, Northern Brewer, possibly Centennial
- Typical Beer Styles US IPA, US Pale Ale, Stout, Barley Wine, Lager (Bittering)