PLEASE NOTE: We combine multiple orders into one bag.
Pellet Topaz Hops AA 16%:
Topaz is a triploid high alpha acid type cultivar bred by Hop Products Australia at their Rostrevor Breeding Garden Victoria. This variety was bred in 1985 by crossing a female Tetraploid J78 with a male 29/70/54.
Topaz is a rare gem. Down to earth or bright and breezy, depending on how you apply her. Dry hopping with Topaz results in resinous, grassy flavours; however, with later additions and in higher gravity brews, her true flavour qualities really begin to shine, as her pleasant, light tropical fruit (some say lychee) flavours become more pronounced. When ranked among other single hop beers by tasters at Brau 2012, Topaz™ was the most preferred.
- Yield (Kg/Ha) 3800—4200
- Alpha acids (%) 15.5—18.0
- Beta acids (%) 6.0—7.0
- Alpha/Beta Ratio 2.3—2.8
- Cohumulone (%) 47—49.5
- Total Oils (ml/100g) 0.8—1.7
- Myrcene (% of whole oil) 25—43
- Beta Caryophyllene (% of whole oil) 10—11
- Farnesene (% of whole oil) 0.0
- Humulene(% of whole oil) 11—13 & Selinene (% of whole oil) 2—4
- Humulene/Caryophyllene ratio 1.1—1.2
- Hop Acids by HPLC (ICE)