Fuselex Ultimate Spirit Filter
Made of 304 Grade Stainless Steel and designed for the home brew industry, this filter is the best money can buy. Using 350 grams of Granulated Activated Carbon you get maximum contact time with your beverage, ensuring removal of taint and smell.
The Fuselex filter is one of the best when it comes to carbon filters. It is a very solid investment as it will save you packet in carbon. A normal carbon cartridge in the EZ Filter is 72g and they can cost between $6 and $7. Activated carbon in 1kg bulk bag can be purchased for $10 to $12, so from this simple analysis you can see the savings.
- Mount the fuselex to a suitable wall fixture at a suitable height. It comes with a mounting bracket
- Place colection container under the Fuselex filter i.e demijon etc
- Pack the flow control chamber with filter wool to prevent carbon dust getting into finished product
- Connect the o-ring flow control chamber to the treatment chamber and fill the upper treatment chamber with course activated carbon
- Screw the o-ring treatment chamber to the Fuselex header tank
- Put your 40% cut of spirit into the header tank and wait 45minutes so the spirit saturates the carbon and then open the tap.
- Open the tap fully to get around 250ml of spirit and set it aside as it may have a little carbon dust in it
- Adjust the tap back to 1 drop per second
- Put the first 250ml back into the header tank and run through the filter again
- 350g of activated carbon will filter 20ltr of 40% cut, hence more savings then a 72g $6 carbon cartridge so this baby will pay for itself very quickly.