Still Spirits Artisan Turbo 500 Copper Condenser with 2″ Sight Glass Kit
Sight Glass Benifits:
This adaptor kit fits a Turbo 500 Reflux Distilling column (Copper & 304SS) & Alembic Copper Condensers (Still Spirits Pot Still). The adaptor kit enables a 2″ Sight Glass to be attached to the bottom of the Turbo 500 column or the Alembic Condenser. Adding a sight glass enables the distiller to view inside there still boiler. The Sight glass acts as a boiler viewing port so the distiller can see boiler activity. Viewing boiler activity is important to prevent wash foaming reaching your still column and therefor prevent hours of cleaning. If foaming is caught early it can be stopped by altering voltage to the boiler with a voltage controller or by switching the boiler off. A sight glass also enable the distiller to see the amount of reflux occurring which is important as packing my need to be adjusted to increase reflux for higher ABV.
What you get from this listing:
- 1 X Copper Turbo 500 Condenser & All Components
- 2 X 2″ Tri Clover Bulkhead Fittings
- 1 X 2″ Tri Clover Sight Glass
- 2 X 2″ Tri Clover Clamp
- 1 X 2′ Tri Clover Silicon Beaded Seal with 304SS Mesh
- 3 X 2″ Tri Clover Silicon Beaded Seal
About the Copper Turbo 500
This product now has a redesigned outlet block, prepacked with saddles, redesigned column nut, and 2 different tap adaptors.
The latest release copper Condenser from Still Spirits.
- Your Artisan Turbo 500 Copper Condenser comes with the following components.
- Column assembly with condenser water connections and alcohol take-off.
- Digital temperature sensor (Thermometer) .
- Water flow controller (and adaptor)
- Mounting Panel for Thermometer .
- Water and alcohol tubing.
- Ceramic saddles for column packing.
Alcohol Purity and Yield Explained:
The purity and yield of the alcohol will vary depending on factors such as:
The type of carbohydrates you ferment
The type of distillers yeast
How well the wash has cleared using the clearing agents
Control of the water outlet temperature
Purity describes the strength of the alcohol produced by the artisan copper still through distillation. In the development work the artisan still delivered 88 to 89% strength alcohol, using well prepared washes that were cleared.
Yield describes the effectiveness of the alcohol extracted from the wash. the higher the yield the less alcohol is left behind in the boiler. With care and attention to wash clearing and the distillation process using the artisan still, you can expect a recovery of 95% or more of the alcohol fermented in the wash.
Fitting to a Boiler
This condenser and sight glass package will fit onto any boiler Cheeky Peak Brewery offer.