SonFlow 17 Plate Gasketed Wort Chiller
The SonFlow 17 plate gasketed heat exchanger cools wort to pitching temperature as it is pumped from your brewing system. The SonFlow is a commercial chiller and the most effeciant wort chillers Cheeky Peak Brewery offer.
This SonFlow chiller can be DIY mounted to our NANO Brewery frames as there is plenty of space to place the chiller.
It can use any cold water for chilling – either cool tap water or pre-chilled water (cold liquor) which is better. The cooling water exiting the chiller can recovered into a Hot Liquor Tank or used for washing etc.
If using tap water, wort can be cooled to typically around 2-3 C above the tap water temperature. If using cold liquor (eg 4c), wort can be cooled to typical lager pitching temperatures. (eg 10 Celcius).
It has 1.25″ BSP connections for water and wort. If using the recommended tri-clover fittings in your brewery, we can supply matched tri-clover adaptors which screw on to the chiller.
Special HX features are:
- Cool up to 150 Litres of wort in 15 minutes
- Connections: All connections on the chiller are 1.25″ BSPP
- Fully cleanable in place (CIP)
- Can be fully dismantled for periodic inspection and maintenance
- All parts including replacement gasket and seals available