StillFlex Pack 8 – Copper Pot & Reflux Still
Please Note: Images with the Boiler lid is for illustration purposes only. The lid is not included in this package. Please check the “What You Get” area in this description.
Welcome to all new StillFlex the most flexible 2 inch distilling condensers offered in the home distilling market. This StillFlex still does not include packing media which we sell separately.
The StillFlex offering can be deconstructed into a StillFlex Pot Still and pieced back together for a Reflux Still, hence we call it StillFlex.
Pack 8 Features:
In this package we have ultered the bottom half of the reflux column from PK1 and PK2. We have include a 200mm 304SS 2″ Tri Clover Straight Glass & a 160mm Copper 2″ Reflux Condenser to the very bottom of the StillFlex Column in this still pack.
The 2″ Tri Clover Sight Glass enables the distiller to view any foaming occuring during boil. If foaming occures and can be viewed early, adjustments can be made quickly to change the boil rate and avoid spoiling your StillFlex Still, StillFlex Packing and distilling product and then having to stop the distilling process to fix the issue and clean the packing before starting all over again. A sight glass also enables viewing of the reflux rate and any adjustments made to increase reflux can be viewed to ensure adjustments are working or effective as soon as they are made.
The other change made is the addition of a 2″ Tri Clover 160mm Copper Reflux Condenser. Adding a professional reflux condenser enables fine control over reflux rate through a very simple adjustment to water flow through the condenser. Being able to adjust reflux allows for instant change and finer control over end product ABV. The distiller can decrease and increase the end product ABV at the turn of a valve. The main advantage of a reflux condenser is being able to change ABV as you distill or on the go. Without a reflux condenser you need to cool the still, adjust packing and then reheat inorder to adjust ABV.
Benefits of StillFlex:
- Constructed from Tri Clover parts that make StillFlex constructions endless and flexible to meet the needs of all distilling requirements
- Copper and Stainless Tri Clover parts available to meet all needs of distillers
- 600mm Recommended Reflux Still column height and 300mm recommended Pot Still & Steam Condenser height
- Steam Condenser, Pot Still and Reflux Still all rolled into one product
- Multi use parts in a distilling environment. Parts can be used on other distilling, carbon filtering, beer brewing and even bar dispensing equipment
- Simple, quick and easy construction and deconstruction making it a dream Still to maintain and keep clean
- Top of the range quality parts and components that will last the test of time and will become a family air loom
- Parts and spares easy to find anywhere in Australia and not limited to Cheeky Peak Brewery
- Endless accessories to grow your StillFlex still as required or when your budget makes it achievable. Being able to add parts makes StillFlex first choice as it allows you to grow your distilling capability as your hobby and distilling knowledge grows
What You Get with this listing:
- 1 X 300mm Adaptable Copper 2″ Tri Clover Link Piece
- 1 X 300mm Copper 2″ Tri Clover Straight Pipe
- 1 X 2″ Tri Clover Sight Glass
- 1 X 2″ Tri Clover Copper Reflux Condenser
- 1 X 2″ to 1.5″ 304SS Tri Clover Bowl Reducer
- 1 X 1.5″ Copper Tri Clover 90 Degree Elbow Bend
- 1 X 1.5″ 450mm Copper Tri Clover Product/Shotgun Condenser
- 1 X 1.5″ to 1.5″ 304SS Surge Breaker
- 1 X 1.5″ 304SS Tri Clover with 1/2″ Barb fitting
- 2 X 2″ Silicon Beaded Seal with 304SS Mesh
- 1 X StillFlex 3″ Dial Thermometer top of Still temperature read kit
- 6 X 2″ 304SS Tri Clover Clamps
- 4 X 1.5″ 304SS Tri Clover Clamps
- 4 X 2″ Tri Clover Silicon Beaded Seals
- 4 X 1.5″ Tri Clover Silicon Beaded Seals
- 4m Blue StillFlex Tubing
- 4m Red StillFlex Tubing
- 4 X 1/2″ BSPM Brass fitting with 12mm OD Push in for Reflux and Product Condensers
- 2 X StillFlex Tubing Push In Needle Valve
- 2 X Thermotee for water out of condenser temp read
- 2 X StillFlex Tubing Push In Y Piece
Fitting this Still to Boilers:
Any of our 36L & 50L NANO Boilers suit this still. If you wish to purchase one of our NANO Boilers 70L and above you will require a 4″ to 2″ Tri Clover reducer.
If you wish to fit this package to a Turbo 500 or Digiboil you would require our 2″ Tri Clover Bulkhead fitting. Fitting this item to these types of boilers is not recommended due to the heavy weight of the still and very thin Stainless Contruction of these cheaper boiler lids. NANO Boiler lids can hold the weight of a 50kg to 60kg Still as they have been designed to hold all our Still offerings
StillFlex Packing sold seperatly but our recommendations for Pack 8 is as follows:
To pack this still from top to bottom you may consider:
- 4m Copper or SS Mesh, or
- 200g of Prismatic copper will fill 100mm of height in the column
- Height 900mm
- Width 250mm
- Weight 6kg